Is it enough to treat Eczema topically?
Why is it so common? It seems like every time I turn around, someone is
telling me that their infant has eczema. Well, I haven’t come up with the answer
to my question, but I have learned how to get rid of it….from the inside.
Eczema is yeast. Actually, anything you find on the skin that is itchy, is yeast
related. Like with most ailments, you want to cleanse the bowel. You want to
make sure your child is eliminating at least 3 times a day. LB Extract is a
herbal laxative in liquid form, which makes it easy to swallow by children or
adults who have difficulty with capsules or tablets. LB Extract increases
peristaltic action of the colon. With the increase of bile and other digestive
fluids, LB Extract assists in the elimination and detoxification functions of
Now you want to add good bacteria into the body by adding Acidophilus. The human
body consists of friendly bacteria such as lactobacillus acidophilus, lacto
rhamnosus A and bifidobacterium longum. You may have heard friendly bacteria be
referred to as "Probiotics," meaning "for life," because of the many health
benefits they provide. Most probiotics live in the intestinal system to fight
harmful bacteria; produce vitamins such as vitamin K and vitamin B-12, thiamin
and riboflavin; they contribute in strengthening the immune system and enhancing
digestion and elimination. You may find probiotics in foods such as yogurt and
kefir, which are great for daily maintenance. However, probiotic supplements
contain a much greater amount of friendly bacteria, which is required when
issues of yeast overgrowth arise.
Next you want to add Oregon Grape to the mix. Oregon Grape primarily supports
primarily digestion and circulation. Oregon Grape is native to the West Coast of
North America. Made from the roots of this herb, Oregon Grape contains the
alkaloids berberine and hydrastine. These alkaloids are mostly responsible for
the herb's beneficial effects on the mucous membranes. I found this herb to
soften the skin dramatically.
Then for the child’s external relief, Pau d’arco is the solution. This is a
soothing, easy-to apply lotion with powerful antibacterial and antifungal
properties. Pau d'arco trees are known to repel fungal growth and are native to
the rain forests of South America. Pau d'arco is used by Native tribes of South
America topically for a variety of skin diseases.
Many herbal remedies may be used for a variety of ailments. Below is a list of
other benefits and uses for the above herbs.
• Traditional Herbal Laxative formula.
• Increases peristaltic action in the large intestine.
• Decreases abdominal cramping. Ginger helps relieve digestive
upsets/disturbances including flatulence, spasms, indigestion and constipation.
• Increases the flow of bile.
• May help reduce gas and pain in the bowel by neutralizing acids and toxins in
the digestive system.
• Helps with constipation, jaundice, liver imbalances, and poor digestion.
• Chewable Bifidophilus is available for children.
• Inhibits the proliferation of harmful bacteria.
• Promotes healthy digestive and intestinal systems.
• Maintains healthy intestinal flora necessary for proper digestion and
assimilation of foods.
• Assists in the digestion of proteins.
• Enhances the breakdown of lactose.
• Helps the body produce digestive enzymes and certain vitamins.
• Reduces the proliferation of hostile organisms like candida albicans.
• Helps maintain a healthy colon.
• Traditional Herbal Cholagogue
• Improves digestion by enhancing the flow of bile.
• Cholagogues have traditionally been used to improve liver function and relieve
lymphatic stagnation. These actions may help to stimulate the immune system.
• Traditionally used to treat skin diseases including acne, eczema, and
psoriasis, and to help fight infections of the mucous membranes.
• Provides nutritional support to the immune system.
• Used traditionally to help treat systemic yeast infections like candida
albicans, also to help fight parasitic and viral infections.
• Has been used traditionally in the treatment of cancer.
• Pau D’Arco has also been used traditionally to help reduce pain, inflammation
and other symptoms of arthritis, and also to help treat skin diseases including
eczema and psoriasis.
• Promotes good digestion and elimination.
Search Our Site | Home | Blog |
Recommended Reading |
My Favorites |
Links | Contact Us | Site Map